Title: Research Assistant
Reports to: Vice President for Policy and Economics
Job Summary: The Research Assistant assists the Vice President for Policy and Economics with implementing IWF’s policy agenda. This includes conducting research on key issues, drafting commentary and talking points, and preparing relevant information for President or Vice President when they meet with policymakers or the media.
- Conducts research on domestic and economic policy issues to further the policy agenda of IWF.
- Fact-checks research papers.
- Drafts commentary on relevant issues.
- Monitors the media and the legislative and executive branches to stay current on policy developments.
- Helps organize events.
- Undertakes routine administrative duties such as updating databases.
Skill Factors:Education: BS/BA Required.
Experience: 1-3 years in the public policy arena, either in the non-profit community or in the government.
- ? Strong computer skills, especially using the Internet and search engines
- ? Outstanding research skills
- ? Knowledge about a wide range of domestic policy issues
- ? Belief in IWF’s core vision and principles and commitment to the goal of advancing limited government, free markets, personal responsibility and individual liberty