Title: Vice president of finance and Administration
Reports to: President and CEO
Job Summary: The Vice President of Finance and Administration is responsible for developing the financial strategy of the organization, overseeing all accounting practices, analyzing financial trends, and managing and evaluating day-to-day operations of the organization including financial systems, contracts, human resources, facilities and office management.
- ? Works closely with the President and CEO to realize the mission and strategic plan of the organization.
- Develops the financial strategy for the organization including planning and forecast, conferring with the President and CEO.
- ? Effectively manages the accounting and administrative systems to allow the organization to move to the next level of professionalism and accountability.
- ? Establishes company-wide controls for spending that will result in savings and the ability to increase organization’s operating reserve fund.
- ? Oversees all accounting practices including the budget process and financial reports to achieve better control and accountability in all departments.
- ? Works with Development department, fundraising consultant, and policy and communications teams to better coordinate all departments and reconcile reporting information.
- ? Works with state fundraising registration consultant so that organization meets requirements for solicitation.
- ? Works closely with outside accountants on tax and audit functions, including reconciliation of US Department of State Grant reporting requirements, and the completion of the year-end audit and IRS 990 tax return.
- ? Analyzes income and expense trends and offers advice to President.
- ? Oversees all financial and administrative operations, develops internal policies and procedures and implements plans in consultation with President and CEO.
- ? Collaborates with staff members about key financial issues that affect policy and programs.
- ? Develops management reports needed to track and measure performance of all programs.
- ? Oversees all aspects of facilities management
- ? Negotiates contracts with vendors, with approval of President
- ? Works to continually improve cost effectiveness and efficiency of the organization.
- ? Analyzes and communicates financial information that is the basis of key decisions made by the Board and President.
- ? Manages payroll and employee benefits packages.
- ? Develops proposed program budgets and yearly budget in consultation with President and CEO.
- ? Assists in preparation for meetings of the Board of Directors and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
Skill Factors:Education: Bachelor’s Degree and Certified Public Accountant designation
Experience: (1) A minimum of 5 years of management and 10 years of accountancy experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization; (2) experience helping an organization through a period of growth and change; and experience with IT, human resources and facilities management.
· Strong commitment to the mission of the organization and to free market principles.
· The ability to communicate with the President and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Results-oriented manager able to access the organization’s financial outlook and offer solutions for long-term viability.
· Skilled in overall budget analysis and development, expense controls and financial reporting.
· Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
· Detailed- and results-oriented; self-starter.
· Ability to communicate with the President as well as all levels of staff.
· Skilled in overseeing multiple projects and deadlines with minimal oversight.
· Ability to think strategically and analytically; exhibits good judgment and a strong operational focus.
· Excellent command of Quickbooks and Excel.