Last week, the Washington Post reported that the Obama Administration might be looking for more ways to increase tax revenues…and they’re starting to get pretty creative–taxing an employee’s personal use of a company-issued cell.  The articles states:

“The IRS presented three options to simplify the documentation for employers. One is to deem 75 percent of work cellphone use as related to work and the remaining 25 percent for personal use. Employees would be taxed on the value of the personal minutes.

Under a second option, employees would provide proof that they have a personal cellphone to use during work hours. A third would let employers use a statistical sampling to determine the average workers’ use of the cellphones for personal calls.”

What’s next?  Taxing employees for company-provided coffee (what if I just drink half a cup?) and water?