Why should we believe anything that comes out of the IPCC? Lorrie Goldstein, writing in the Toranto Sun (hat tip, The Corner), details some of the outrageous exchanges among “scientists” about falsifying data. The whole piece is a must read, but here are some of the best parts:
As you read the programmer’s comments below, remember, this is only a fraction of what he says.
– “But what are all those monthly files? DON’T KNOW, UNDOCUMENTED. Wherever I look, there are data files, no info about what they are other than their names. And that’s useless …” (Page 17)
– “It’s botch after botch after botch.” (18) …
– “Am I the first person to attempt to get the CRU databases in working order?!!” (47)
– “As far as I can see, this renders the (weather) station counts totally meaningless.” (57)
– “COBAR AIRPORT AWS (data from an Australian weather station) cannot start in 1962, it didn’t open until 1993!” (71)
– “What the hell is supposed to happen here? Oh yeah — there is no ‘supposed,’ I can make it up. So I have : – )” (98)
– “You can’t imagine what this has cost me — to actually allow the operator to assign false WMO (World Meteorological Organization) codes!! But what else is there in such situations? Especially when dealing with a ‘Master’ database of dubious provenance …” (98)
– “So with a somewhat cynical shrug, I added the nuclear option — to match every WMO possible, and turn the rest into new stations … In other words what CRU usually do. It will allow bad databases to pass unnoticed, and good databases to become bad …” (98-9) …
– “This whole project is SUCH A MESS …” (266)
And based on stuff like this, politicians are going to blow up our economy and lower our standard of living to “fix” the climate?
Are they insane?