10. $9 million in homebuyer tax credits were wrongly allocated to American prisoners. Cases like this make it pretty easy to figure out why the deficit continues to skyrocket.
9. Taking the “happy” out of Happy Meals – one group aims to enforce regulation upon McDonalds which will remove the age-old children’s treat from menus.
7. The Swedes are happy, but Americans just won’t be. Reason tells us why Swedish socialism won’t work in the U.S.
6. The laws of supply and demand mean more to diplomacy and international relations than one might think. In light of the BP spill, Max Fisher gives a compelling view of why depending on foreign oil isn’t all bad.
4. Has anyone ever found the answer to the age-old question “What do women want?” IWF’s Sabrina Schaeffer has a suggestion; women want efficient government spending and less bureaucracy!
3. The irony is almost too much – Peter Orszag, the head of the Congressional Budget Office has made it known that he will be leaving his post. The current government spending spree seems to finally have gotten the best of him!
2. Australia ushers in its first woman Prime Minister with great confidence that she can make up for all that former PM Kevin Rudd lacked. Rudd is now the shortest-serving Prime Minister in forty years.