Did you know:
- 11 states still ban their residents from having wine shipped to them from out of state wineries.
- 36 States still ban their residents from having wine shipped to them from out of state retailers
- 17 States still ban its residents from buying wine in grocery stores
- 4 states ban the purchase of wine on Sundays
- 2 States control the sale of wine, rather than allowing its residents to buy their wine in a free and open marketplace
- 15 states ban their residents from bringing a bottle from home into a restaurant
These are the facts reported by a new group called The American Wine Consumer Coalition which is dedicated to increasing consumer rights to access wine via direct shipping, supermarket sales, and privitization. It's good to welcome another organization to the fight for food and beverage freedom.
Cheers to that!