WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Speak up! Post the below messages, videos, and graphics to social media and make your voice heard!
Hashtag to include: #EqualPayDay #EqualPay
Graphics to include with ANY Twitter, Facebook or Instagram posts are included at the bottom of this post.
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- The raw #WageGap is often misinterpreted to suggest widespread wage discrimination against women. FACT: Wage discrimination is illegal in the U.S. and has been since 1963 when the #EqualPayAct was signed into law. #EqualPayDay #EqualPay http://bit.ly/2qa7Fiu
- FACT: Pay discrimination is illegal in the U.S. thanks to the #EqualPayAct of 1963 and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. #WageGap #EqualPay #EqualPayDay http://bit.ly/2qa7Fiu
- #EqualPayDay is a bogus holiday that’s based on bogus interpretation of wage data. The #WageGap is a comparison of averages that doesn't take into account variables like profession, education, experience, benefits, work conditions or hours. #EqualPay https://youtu.be/z1Qd_ZIh2W4
- The #WageGap is not a measure of “equal pay for equal work.” Instead, it’s largely a reflection of individual choices about work. #EqualPayDay #EqualPay https://youtu.be/z1Qd_ZIh2W4
- The raw #WageGap is mostly driven by factors like occupation, experience, hours, etc., NOT discrimination. #EqualPayDay #EqualPay http://bit.ly/2qa7Fiu
The #WageGap is largely driven by career choices.
• Women work fewer hours than men.
• Women more often work in lower-paying professions.
• Women and men make different choices in education and training.
#EqualPayDay #EqualPay http://bit.ly/2qa7Fiu
- Everyone believes in #EqualPayForEqualWork, but the #WageGap doesn't compare men and women with the same jobs, experience, training, or hours. #EqualPayDay #EqualPay https://youtu.be/z1Qd_ZIh2W4
- Every family is different, but the #WageGap is largely driven by the different roles women and men serve in their families. Nothing is wrong with these choices! #EqualPayDay #EqualPay http://bit.ly/2qa7Fiu
- Women do a ton of unpaid work, like caring for our homes and children. But, when it comes to paid work, we clock fewer hours on average, contributing to the #WageGap. #EqualPayDay #EqualPay http://bit.ly/2qa7Fiu
- On #EqualPayDay, it's important not to mislead women and girls. The #WageGap is a measure of outcomes, not opportunity, and certainly not discrimination. Our choices about work are in our own hands. #EqualPay http://bit.ly/2qa7Fiu
DOWNLOAD THESE GRAPHICS TO ADD TO YOUR POSTS ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM
To upload a graphic on social media:
1. Right click on an image below and click "save image as…" OR click on the image, redirected to hires photobucket image and download
2. Upload to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and grab one of the sample socal media posts above!
OTHER RESOURCES TO SHARE:
- Equal Pay Day's lies: Insulting logic, a misleading statistic
- Every day is Equal Pay Day
- Why Didn't President Obama Close The Wage Gap?
- Questioning The Equal Pay Day Narrative
- IWF is Setting the Record Straight on #EqualPayDay
- Equal Pay Day: There's a Lot of Hypocrisy Out There
- Does the wage gap apply to millennial women?
- 5 Drivers of the Pay Gap – They Are Not Gender Discrimination