If Bill Clinton’s famous “it’s the economy stupid” logic held today, no one would be talking about a blue wave. It would be a red tsunami.
A new website, www.betteroffnow.com, created by Independent Women’s Voice, catalogues evidence of how the economy is booming and people from all walks of life are better off today than they were at the end of 2016 when President Trump took office.
Here’s just a few highlights:
– There have been nearly 400,000 manufacturing jobs added since 2016.
– More than 4 million Americans received raises or bonuses because of tax reform.
– Wages are growing at their fastest pace in a decade.
– The Hispanic/Latino unemployment rate is the lowest on record. Under President Obama, Hispanic unemployment averaged 1.9% higher than the general population. But under President Trump, the unemployment gap has narrowed to 0.8% for Hispanics.
– The female unemployment rate is at a 65-year low of 3.6%.
– There are an estimated 11.6 million women-owned businesses, an increase of 2.8%. Women started an average 1,821 new businesses per day in the U.S. between 2017 and 2018, greater than the daily average created before, during and after the recession through the end of the Obama Administration.
– The youth unemployment rate is 8.5%, which has gone down by nearly half since 2017. By the end of summer 2018, the youth employment rate went from 2 million to 20.9 million as those ages 16-24 picked up summer jobs.
Visit the website for all the sources and more.
— IWV (@IWV) October 22, 2018
No wonder former President Obama is trying to take credit.