In our third #IWFReads Author Chat on December 3rd Hadley Manning, Independent Women’s Policy Director, chatted with Sen. Blackburn about her new, The Mind of a Conservative Woman: Seeking the Best for Family and Country. Sen. Blackburn knows a thing or two about this, as Tennessee’s first female senator.
As Senator Blackburn said herself, “Conservative women have a titanium backbone and that’s because we are constantly pushed back against by the mainstream media and by the left.”
In her book and throughout the chat, we discussed:
In her book and throughout the chat, we will discuss:
- The liberal bias against conservative women (“Progressive Privilege” as IWF calls it), the “Cancel Culture,” and double standards
- The false perceptions of women by the media and the “war on women”
- Ways to encourage women to have a seat at the table
- Her experience as a female elected representative and senator
- The new wave of feminism during this historic election year for GOP women
This chat inspired women to be courageous and to stand up for what they believe in, especially amid the “Cancel Culture.”
Stay tuned for our next book club meetup. We will announce the date and time HERE.