Facing Down the Threat of China
- Beijing on many fronts has been drastically accelerating its drive to subvert and supplant America as the world’s leading power.
- Trump has awakened Americans and the world to the dangers, and launched a comprehensive campaign, via diplomacy, commerce and defense, to push back. Today, there is bipartisan agreement that China is the leading threat to America and a liberal world order.
- Big questions hang over whether a Biden Administration will find the wisdom and backbone to stand up to Beijing.
Winning the War on Terror
- By changing the U.S. rules of engagement, Trump got rid of the ISIS “caliphate,” and he withdrew the U.S. from the Iran nuclear deal, which was enriching Iran without stopping its path to the bomb.
- The Trump Administration successfully brokered the groundbreaking Abraham Accords, a realignment and foundation of a coalition in which to date the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Sudan, and Morocco have agreed to recognize Israel, and the Saudis have begun allowing Israeli overflights.
- Along with moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, Trump recognized Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights — geographically vital to Israel’s defense.
No Replacement for America Leadership
- Since victory in World War II, America has served as leader of the free world, fostering an era of relative peace and rising prosperity around the globe.
- In his quest to make America great again, Trump was — whether he said it or not — reasserting America’s role as leader and bulwark of the free world.
- If America falters, there is no backup, no equivalent democratic superpower waiting in the wings.
Click here to read the full policy focus and learn more about foreign policy and the swing from a U.S. presidency that put America first, to a presidency likely to put America last — or near enough.