SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD CLOSED
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins on [December 27, 2021] at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on [December 29, 2021] at 11:59:00 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, INC.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Mom Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old, or the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older as of the date of entry. Independent Women’s Forum (“Sponsor”), or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, website providers and each of their employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and which Sponsor may decide in its sole discretion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SPONSOR: Independent Women’s Forum, 4 Weems Lane #312, Winchester, VA 22601.
- HOW TO ENTER: You may only enter the Sweepstakes using Instagram. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period:
- like the #Sweepstakes post of any of the following individuals promoting the Sweepstakes: Independent Women’s Forum @IndependentWomensForum, Nikki Van Son @Nikki.vs, Christina Fulford @thechristinafulford, Sara Koch @sarah_michele526, Emily Wilder @mama_wilder, Amber Baker @opinotnated; TO ADD MORE SHOULD WE GET 1-2 MORE
- comment on the post using the #MomSweepstakes hashtag and tell us why you want to win, tagging two (2) friends; and
- follow Independent Women’s Forum on Instagram @independentwomensforum.
The comment that you post must meet the requirements set forth below and must otherwise be compliant with all of the provisions of these Official Rules and the Instagram Community Standards.
You must be a member of Instagram and your account must be set to the “public” setting in order to participate; joining Instagram is free at www.instagram.com. The person who submits the Entry will be considered the entrant (“Entrant” or “you”). Entries must include the following required hashtag (“Sweepstakes Hashtag”): #MomSweepstakes. Once you have completed these steps, you will automatically be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Additional entries: You will receive additional entries as follows: one (1) additional entry for each comment that tags two (2) unique friends. You may only tag someone you know; do not tag someone who does not consent to being tagged.
If Entrant chooses to submit an entry via his or her web-enabled mobile device, data rates may apply. See the applicable wireless service provider for details on rates and capabilities.
Please note: By entering in this Sweepstakes, you signify and agree that your entry and any other materials submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes may be posted on Sponsor’s website and/or other social media sites or applications associated with the Sweepstakes in a manner that is consistent with these Official Rules. Upon submission of entry in this Sweepstakes, you agree that Sponsor may contact you via social media, including on Instagram by sending you a direct message, tagging you, posting to your social media page or naming you on Sponsor’s social media page. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, you acknowledge and agree that you will clearly and conspicuously disclose that you are participating in this Sweepstakes in the entry and any online social sharing interaction that references the Sweepstakes or that is used to obtain entries in connection with this Sweepstakes. At a minimum, the Sweepstakes Hashtag should be included in all social media communications sent pursuant to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in this Sweepstakes while engaging in any online social sharing interaction during the Sweepstakes Period.
Entries, comments and content submitted or uploaded to any social media sites or other public sites in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Content Submissions”) may not contain, depict or show any content that: (i) is sexually explicit or suggestive, offensive, lewd, profane, obscene, or contains nudity or racist innuendo; (ii) promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; (iii) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor or other companies; (iv) contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) or copyrighted materials (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published via websites, television, movies or other media) owned by others, without permission; (v) contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, last names (first names are permitted), e-mail addresses or street addresses for any person other than entrant, or otherwise infringes on the privacy of any person other than an entrant; (vi) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and good will of Sponsor’s brand; and/or (vii) violates any law. Any Content Submissions that contain, depict or show such content; that exceed any required file size or length limits imposed by the Sweepstakes Entities or any third party social media site; and/or that violate these Content Submission requirements and/or the terms of these Official Rules will be disqualified. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right in their sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Content Submission that they believe is inappropriate or not suitable for publication, that does not comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes.
If the Content Submission contains an identifiable person other than the entrant who submitted the Content Submission, by submitting the Content Submission, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such person to the use of the Content Submission as outlined herein and such person may be required to provide written consent to the Sweepstakes Entities’ use of the Content Submission.
Entries that do not include the Sweepstakes Hashtag and messages not received by Sponsor will not be eligible and will be disqualified. Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Instagram account. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the pertinent Instagram account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
Limit ten (10) entries per person, one (1) entry for following the steps listed in Section 3 and one (1) additional entry for each comment tagging two unique friends. Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties may be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. No copies, facsimiles, or mechanical reproductions of the entry form will be accepted. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will disqualify that participant’s entries, and that participant and/or entries may be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries will be disqualified.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: On or about Jan. 3, 2022 Sponsor will select the name of the potential winner of the prize in a random drawing from among all entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by direct message on or about Jan. 3, 2022.
Except where legally prohibited, each potential prize winner must sign and return, within seven (7) days of being notified, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his or her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email, telephone, and/or registered mail after the first attempt to contact him or her, or if he or she fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or any other documentation that Sponsor may require, in its sole discretion, within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If Sponsor is unable to determine and verify a potential winner after repeated alternate drawings or if Sponsor fails to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the number of prize(s) available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award the all prize(s).
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
- PRIZES There will be one (1) prize package awarded. The components of each prize are described in Table 1 below. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is listed in the table column ARV. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $403.99. Limit one prize per person and per household.
|Prize||Number of Items||ARV|
|Walmart Gift Card||1||$100.00|
|Chicco® Liteway™ Stroller||1||$99.99|
|Freshly Picked Diaper Bag||1||$179.99|
|“Independent”: Defined T-Shirt||1||$25.00|
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner(s) will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participation constitutes participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems, or garbled transmissions or miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions, or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries and (a) suspend the Sweepstakes and modify the Sweepstakes to address the impairment, then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) terminate the sweepstakes and award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES; PUBLICITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURANCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- DISPUTES. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Virginia or the appropriate State Court located in Winchester-Frederick County, Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes not to exceed fifty US Dollars (US$50.00), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Virginia.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://www.iwf.org. For a list of the name of winner available after Jan. 5, 2022, visit http://www.iwf.org.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, or associated with Instagram. Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not to Instagram.
Copyright ©2021 Independent Women’s Forum. All rights reserved.