WASHINGTON, D.C.—On the heels of a sweeping executive order requiring federally funded athletic programs to let athletes who were born male compete with and against women, Independent Women’s Forum (IWF) hosts a call urging lawmakers to protect fair play and save women’s sports. The call will feature top competitive female athletes, including a 3x Olympian, and federal and state lawmakers who have sponsored legislation to protect female athletes.
The call will take place on Wednesday, February 24 at 4:00 pm ET.
- Selina Soule, decorated college track athlete
- Linnea Saltz, decorated college track athlete
- Inga Thompson, three-time Olympic cyclist and member of the Women’s Sports Policy Working Group
- Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), sponsor of the federal “Fairness in Women’s Sports Act”
- Mississippi Senator Angela Hill, sponsor of the “Mississippi Fairness Act”
- Jennifer C. Braceras, director of Independent Women’s Law Center
- Carrie Lukas, president of Independent Women’s Forum
Press briefing to discuss the threat to women’s sports.
*This call is on the record and reportable.
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
4:00 pm ET (1:00 pm PT)
Please join the conference 5 minutes prior to the start time.
You will be asked to provide the conference code.
Dial in information: 866-248-8441
Conference Code: 8911663
For more information or to speak with an expert, please contact Meghan Agostinelli at [email protected].
Independent Women’s Forum is dedicated to developing and advancing policies that aren’t just well intended, but actually enhance freedom, opportunities, and well-being.