Independent Women’s Forum and Independent Women’s Voice are seeking a summer intern with a strong interest in communications. If you’re a young professional who is eager to learn about how to catch the media’s attention, then this internship is for you!
The Communications Media Intern is responsible for providing day-to-day support to IW’s communication’s team. Must be comfortable working to advance IW’s mission and share our core values, be a team player who is happy to say “yes” to any and all tasks, and is generally knowledgeable about public policy and communications. Should be a self-starter who is detail- and results-oriented.
The Communications Media Intern will report to IW’s Director of Communications and Communications Manager.
Types of Activities Include:
- Maintain a detailed communications reporting and tracking spreadsheet.
- Monitor the news cycle and public discourse related to IW policy issues. This will include assisting the communications team in identifying events and policy opportunities to bracket and respond to.
- Create and/or update media lists used for strategic issue outreach.
- Assist in drafting press releases and other media outreach material.
- Compile content for media pitch emails and support the media booking process.
- Publish content to IWF’s website as needed (blogs, op-eds, videos).
- Pull TV hits where IW spokeswomen appear as well as record radio hits, and post them to IW websites.
- Support the production of IW’s podcasts—She Thinks, Bespoke Parenting Hour, and High Noon.
- Assist in implementation of special events, including press calls, press conferences, and #IWReads Book Club and Author Chats.
- Assist in other tasks, as needed, to support the larger communications team.
June – August 2022
IW has an amazing staff of ALL WOMEN—some of the sharpest policy, communications, and legal minds in the country. We operate as a virtual office. While we maintain regular working hours, our virtual office means staff spends more time getting things done and less time sitting in traffic. Still, we understand the importance of personal relationships, which is why we remain in constant daily communication, hold weekly staff and department calls, and host quarterly in-person meetings.
For more information, contact [email protected]