Independent Women’s Forum and Independent Women’s Voice (IW) seek a Storytelling Coordinator who will serve as the primary point of contact for IW’s Storytelling Program.
Types of Activities Include:
- Manage IW’s Storytelling Program – Primary POC.
- Collaborate with IW communications and policy staff to identify storytelling opportunities.
- Determine where there is a need and value to having real American stories and elevating them to have meaningful impact.
- Set up storytelling campaigns: editing copy, staging and testing pages.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing team to review ad copy/creative for storytelling campaigns.
- Organize storytelling submissions and maintain a detailed tracking sheet and database of all storytellers’ information.
- Vet stories that meet particular campaign requirements.
- Develop outreach and engagement processes.
- Upload vetted stories to Storytelling Center.
- Conduct outreach and communicate with storyteller prospects to explain IW’s storytelling program and invite storytellers to participate.
- Collaborate with media team to identify media opportunities (tv, radio, print) for storytellers at the national, state, and local levels.
- Collaborate with policy team to plug storytellers into policy centers and other policy outputs.
- Collaborate with external relations to garner event opportunities for storytellers.
- Track storytelling engagement and media and report activity to leadership and stakeholders.
Here Is What Success Looks Like:
- Help drive storytelling strategies that advance IW business objectives, make an impact, and have measurable results.
- Ensure metrics and other print and online insights are kept up-to-date so that IW employees can reference metrics quickly for reports and to prove IW’s impact and success.
- Ensure storytelling events run smoothly and assist where needed.
- Reach target audiences through selective participation in mainstream, women, and millennial-specific media outlets (print, blogs, opinion editorials).
- Increase brand awareness through targeted media relations strategies around the execution of issue education and advocacy campaigns, special projects, and events.
- IW storytellers influence policy narratives.
- IW storytellers’ stories are repeated by elected officials and media.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent people skills.
- Familiarity with pitching and coordinating with media.
- Skilled at working independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate initiative, professionalism, organization, attention to detail, and a willingness and eagerness to learn.
- Excellent communicator, writer, and critical thinker.
- Self-starter with discipline and focus.
Under the direction of the communications director, and in close cooperation with the media team, as well as the policy team, you will strengthen the ways in which we reach our target audiences and other stakeholders through real Americans’ personal stories.
IW operates as a virtual office. While we maintain regular working hours, our virtual office means staff spends more time getting things done and less time sitting in traffic. Still, we understand the importance of personal relationships, which is why we remain in constant daily communication, hold weekly staff and department calls, and host quarterly in-person meetings.
To apply, email [email protected]. Applications must include your full name, email, phone number, resume, and cover letter if applicable. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.