Position title: Marketing Manager Reports to: Senior Policy Analyst
Summary of Position:
Oversee digital communications and social media for the Independent Women’s Forum. This position is entry level, but provides an excellent opportunity to move up quickly. A motivated, enthusiastic applicant can expect to make this position into much more than the duties listed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage IWF’s Web site by adding content, consistently monitoring content and ensuring all content is formatted correctly.
- Coordinate communications with our email contacts by crafting a weekly newsletter to highlight commentary and research from our Web site.
- Craft other emails on monthly or semi-monthly basis for projects such as the Policy Focus, Modern Feminist, and Women for Food Freedom.
- Oversee Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Pinterest accounts by posting regularly and managing our social media fan bases.
- Develop and manage projects to enhance our communications reach in both traditional media and new media.
- Perform basic office upkeep tasks such as managing photocopies, faxes, and scans for internal communications and communications with coalition partners.
- Assist Executive Director in event planning, basic policy research, blog writing, and other miscellaneous office tasks.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred fields: marketing/PR, journalism, English, policy, political science or economics)
- Strong writing and editing skills (Excellent grammar and spelling a must!)
- Strong knowledge of social media Web sites
- Strong computer skills (Basic HTML a plus!)
IWF’s mission is to expand the conservative coalition by emphasizing the value of limited government, personal liberty and free markets. If this mission does not align with your personal philosophy on government, you are not advised to apply for this position.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to Hadley Heath, hadley.heath at iwf.org